My first kayak. Glide XFK-3100 From BCF

Need help in selecting a kayak for fishing? Or do you have a review to share?
Davesfishagram
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: South West Western Australia

My first kayak. Glide XFK-3100 From BCF

#1 Post by Davesfishagram » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:29 am

I'm thinking of buying my first kayak this week. I was planning on getting the Glide XFK-3100 from BCF but can't find any reviews on it other than on their own website. Has anyone here had any experience with it.
Cheers for any info.
I'm keen to get out on some dams soon for some trout. I haven't fished for trout since I was a young lad.

NorthSIKer
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: North Queensland
Kayaks: Mirage 582, Kaskazi Skua

Re: My first kayak. Glide XFK-3100 From BCF

#2 Post by NorthSIKer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:33 pm

It should be fine for shortish distances and protected conditions.

Will certainly get you out on the water catching fish. At that price I can't see you can go too wrong.

Davesfishagram
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: South West Western Australia

#3 Post by Davesfishagram » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:59 pm

That's the aim. Just get my butt on the water, which is something if being telling myself to do or a while now. I can upgrade in time when the addiction kicks in. It's on sale at the minute too. So it's a good time to buy.

Leper
KFDU Site Manager
Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Old Town Vapor 10 Angler, Mantra Noa, Viking Tempo and Eco Daintree

#4 Post by Leper » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:53 pm

A good entry level kayak. My first little kayak like that was an Eco Daintree that I bought from BCF many years ago. The plastic they are made of is rubbish and they don't cope well with scuffs and dragging during portage. It took 2 years to wear a hole in the hull compared to my Old Town Vapor 10 Angler which has taken about 5 years of abuse and still going strong. At that price it's cheap enough to not bother the bank account if you find the addiction doesn't kick in. Enjoy your time on the water!
Brad

ImageImage

For other bass fishing adventures check out my blog at http://www.yakbassaustralia.com

Azzah
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Canberra

#5 Post by Azzah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 pm

My dad bought one to get out paddling when I visit, it's a good unit. Weight capacity isn't huge by fishing kayak standards, it will be a wet ride if you aren't super light but paddles and tracks well with a good fitout and layout, especially at the price

Return to “Which Kayak For Me”