Seak mako 3.9

Need help in selecting a kayak for fishing? Or do you have a review to share?
Josh12345
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Townsville

Seak mako 3.9

#1 Post by Josh12345 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:23 am

Considering getting one of thesehttps://www.anacondastores.com/water/kayaks/sea ... BP90126776
as a upgrade from my seak 2.4m mini fisher
Question is
Has anyone got one of them? Cant really find any reviews on them just wondering how they go in a bit of chop (based in townsville)

Currently a student so using a afterpay/openpay method to purchase this is my only option at this stage in life, from what i can find is my best option
Thanks in advance

Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Re: Seak mako 3.9

#2 Post by Dodge » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:18 pm

Not familiar with that model Seak, but the dimensions suggest it should be OK for your needs.

Most Seaks I have seen before were pretty good value.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue

Paulioq
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Wynnum
Kayaks: pa14 profiha525

#3 Post by Paulioq » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:31 am

don't want to say it will handle open water and surf but looks like it will be ok in a little chop in an estury or river mouth. deffintly be more comfortable then your 2.4. down side is that seat being higher it will feel tippy as opposed to other sit on top kayaks because your that much more above the water line, even an inch or two makes a difference. if your not a big fella might not matter but something to think of. not a lot of boyancy for its size and is heavy as well. I would keep an eye out for a second hand Viking 45 or something like that, a much more capable craft. you said money is a problem well if you can pay something off you can save money as well. unless you just want it now then disgrgard what I said and go buy it.

XDCammer
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Southern NSW
Kayaks: Adventure Island and Stealth Profisha 525

#4 Post by XDCammer » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:42 am

Mate, before you buy, ask if spare parts are available (hatch lids etc). I'll bet they arn't. If you loose a hatch lid your screwed. It happened to a customer and Annoconda brushed him. He came to Wetspot and asked us, we couldn't scource one either. My suggestion was to get some heavy plastic bag material and wire it around the hatch rim.
He went away more than a little pissed off with Anaconda.
Most fittings on that yak hull will be generic, however, buyer beware.

For your consideration.

P.S. This is a great buy, a long way from you unfortunately.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52116&sid=5bcd7eed ... 978c001683

BobbyB.
Last edited by XDCammer on Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time spent on reconnaissance is time never wasted.

Josh12345
KFDU Angler

#5 Post by Josh12345 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:10 pm

Thanks for the info guys ended up grabbing one,yeah saving was an option but couldnt deal with the feeling of not being able to get out on the water
Once i finish my studies i can always grab something else and sell the 2 i have too get some coin back
Definitely will be doing that hatch mod thanks mate.
Took it out handled really well from what i could tell (only used a few but i cant complain tbh) seemed to track really well
Even chucked the missus in it between my legs for laugh much to her displeasure ha
Yeah the seat may be an issue but ill cross that bridge when i get to it i suppose
Can always use my normal seat that sits right down
Would just have to drill in 2 extra mounts for the straps
Im only 72kg a friend of mine thats 130-140 said his is a bit how ya going in the chop buy thats a given i suppose.
Tight lines

Josh12345
KFDU Angler

#6 Post by Josh12345 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 pm

Ill put a review up on yt in 6 months time

Return to “Which Kayak For Me”