ANNUAL WEEKEND OUTING- FORSTER-TUNCURRY MARCH 2018

A social kayak fishing group for the Hunter/Central Coast/Port Stephens/Lake Macquarie regions.
RWD
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: GlenbawnDam, Hunter River, Glennies Creek Dam
Kayaks: Howie Outfitter

Re: ANNUAL WEEKEND OUTING- FORSTER-TUNCURRY MARCH 2018

#31 Post by RWD » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:45 am

Great to meet up with you all over the weekend. Fishing was tough on the fly but enough was happening to keep me interested but not feed me.

Looking forward to St Clair later in year.

Rod

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

#32 Post by arpie » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi guys

Home again this weekend after another week of treatment in Port Mac .... I have just 3 more sessions next week & on Thurs, home for Easter!! Yeehaaa!! (Tho I may be on tablets for some time as well ..... see the Dr about that on Monday!)

It was great hitting the water last weekend with other Mid Coasters ...... Michelle joined us (ex Nelson Bay, now near Bribie Island!) and we both raised some fish - more on Sun than Sat, tho we were both busted off by biggies!!

I started off small
P3170002.jpg
Then a bit bigger ...
P3170003.jpg
Crackjack landed the first bream & then this flattie
P3170004.jpg
Then I caught up with Peter, Newness!
P3180006.jpg
and PFD - shortly after this, he reckons he spooked a flattie that was about 1m!!
P3180008.jpg
I caught up with Rod as well - but didn't get a photo! :beye:

I headed up the river a bit & had some fun in the flooded racks - getting busted of by a good fish on an Umpa popper! grrrrr

Sunday, Michelle & I headed to a new area & fairly quickly, my new Umpa hooked a nice breambo that was about mid 30s
P3180009.jpg
It was a beauty!
P3180011.jpg
Then I was chucking a Sammy around & hooked an absolute WHOPPER .... I steered it away from one set of racks & it made a beeline for a set of tram tracks - and managed to nick the leader on an oyster & GONE! Damn! It was a THUMPER!! :grr:

Topwater was working well!
P3180012.jpg
P3180014.jpg
Another one on Umpa
P3180013.jpg
And finishing off with a couple of fish on a Greedyguts!!
P3180015.jpg
P3180016.jpg
Shame I couldn't attend the BBQ on Sat .... Keith had had a fall & injured his ribs & taking medication regularly - and I was loathe to leave him alone as he was in agony!!

Looking forward to the next one - if anyone comes up at any time, give me a yahoo - tho be careful for the next couple of weeks ..... with all the rain we've had, it will take a while for the rivers to settle down. The Manning yesterday was FULL of busted up tree logs & branches - so just be VERY CAREFUL if fishing the rivers any time soon!!

cheerio

Roberta
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

pdfarrell
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR
Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley & Surrounds
Kayaks: Hobie PA12, Hobie Outback

#33 Post by pdfarrell » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:30 am

Great weekend guys. Shame it had to be end they way it did with your yak Terry... that is so sh%thouse!

I chose to only go out in the mornings, and got three sessions in. (Afternoons were for rehydration) :roll:
A lot of little stuff on Friday morning, however managed my first ever flatty on surface!
Saturday was an expensive session, losing 3 PX55's trying to sculldrag some bigger fish out of the racks. Only fish landed was a filthy pike!

Saturday nights BBQ went down a treat, along with a few yarns and learning of the coronation of the Pelican King. :lol:

Sunday, was again quiet but managed a legal bream and a nice whiting, with a little flatty thrown in for good measure.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
Cheers,
PF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Midcoast Kayak Fishing Club”