Swansea Lake Mac. 9/12/17 0600

A social kayak fishing group for the Hunter/Central Coast/Port Stephens/Lake Macquarie regions.
rocky
Club Co-ordinator
Local Fishing Region: Australia, I could be anywhere or everywhere
Kayaks: Hobie Outback & SWMBO's SUP

Swansea Lake Mac. 9/12/17 0600

#1 Post by rocky » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Heading to Swansea tomorrow morning launching just south of the ramp at the end of Lake st, heading out to deeper water to try for some squid and whatever else will jump on then hit the flats to try for a Whiting or two. Anyone local or just in the area welcome to join me.

Cheers & Beers
Rocky
Ivory Dune Hobie Outback
Yak PB: Flathead 80cm, Bream 41cm, Whiting 43cm, Tailor 50cm, Tandanus tandanus 52cm, Mullet 40cm, Barramundi 73cm, Snapper 42cm, Barred Grunter (Javelin) 47cm, Mangrove Jack 44cm Murray Cod 63cm (more to come one day)
Member of. Member of

rocky
Club Co-ordinator
Local Fishing Region: Australia, I could be anywhere or everywhere
Kayaks: Hobie Outback & SWMBO's SUP

Re: Swansea Lake Mac. 9/12/17 0600

#2 Post by rocky » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:03 pm

Woke at 4 this morning to the sound of thunder and very close lightning and laid in bed saying stuff it there goes today’s trip out but by 5 the thunder and lightning had gone but the cloud cover was still there, but the bullet, loaded up and headed off.
Met up with Crok on the water to go chase some squid, I headed out across the flats for the deeper water throwing a surface on the way and managed a flatty about 55cm that lept clear of the water to take the lure didn’t take a pic as I was disorganised. Crok caught up to me just after that and we hit the deep water with squid jigs. The wind got up a bit making it uncomfortable and a bit awkward to fish but we managed 4 squid each and Crok had a squid bitten in half by a Tailor. With the chop getting a bit much we headed back to the flats where I caught 5 Bream and dropped a couple on pink paddle tail grubs fished on the surface, also had a few follows with no take. Crok managed a couple of Bream and some good Flathead on surface as well.
4E920FBC-677E-4F69-80E1-23AAF883EEA7.jpeg
Cheers & Beers
Rocky
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivory Dune Hobie Outback
Yak PB: Flathead 80cm, Bream 41cm, Whiting 43cm, Tailor 50cm, Tandanus tandanus 52cm, Mullet 40cm, Barramundi 73cm, Snapper 42cm, Barred Grunter (Javelin) 47cm, Mangrove Jack 44cm Murray Cod 63cm (more to come one day)
Member of. Member of

Return to “Midcoast Kayak Fishing Club”